Saturday, April 13, 2013

Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K. Well...good things anyway. It's been a while in coming but I have joined the team at a VERY good aerospace company here in town doing.....machiney things. It's a good gig with good people that I am really enjoying. I just completed my first week and thus far all is fantastic!

I made ends meet during the recent months in my own shop but it occurred to me that the truth is....I'm a machinist, I'm an artist and something of an inventor. I am not a business man. I can do it, I DID it....I just didn't like it. I see a strong future in this, the making of wacky one-off custom parts for all things wheelie. I really dig it and it seems like people dig what I do which is very gratifying, but the day to day slog of dealing with the 'office' part of it just isn't for me.

All is not lost though, not by a long shot. With the new job I am freed up(and far FAR better financed) to pursue some pretty neat projects. I will continue to make parts for people and build bikes but like they say in the old song.....
I don't do business that don't make me smile!

The greasy dozen bike is moving forward well, I will dig up some pics too....once I work up the gumption.

I expect that my personal projects will finally move forward..cobblers shoes and all that stuff. In the mean time, I'm doing nothing today but drinking too many coffee nudges, watching a movie and I promise to switch to Manhattans tonite!

Oh...here's a cool Jeep I just found!
I'm not really a Jeep guy, more of a big truck or sportscar buff....but you can't deny the basic cool here.


Ya know, come to think of it......maybe I AM could be a Jeep guy.......



No comments:

Post a Comment